Journeys Memory Care Neighborhood
When people’s health needs change, the Journeys memory support neighborhood offers a secure, comfortable home.
Life-enriching activities with a sense of purpose form the foundation of positive memory support at Journeys. Familiar routines, combined with each person’s skills and interests, encourage people to remain productive, creative and successful.
- Safe, secure surroundings are vital to people with memory support challenges of dementia. The Journeys neighborhood creates a comfortable, relaxed home.
- Instead of a regimented schedule, Journeys creates a more informal environment defined by impromptu activities from cookie baking to nail polish parties. There’s always someone to interact with and fun things to do at Journeys, thanks to our compassionate staff.
- Journeys’ caregivers treat everyone with dignity and respect. They also intuitively know what the people in Journeys are trying to communicate, even when they can’t articulate it. This creates a calm, comfortable setting for the people who live at Journeys, as well as their families and friends who stop by to visit.
Our supportive environment encourages acceptance and confidence, which helps people experience joy, comfort, security and personal growth through:
- Stimulation of the senses.
- Connecting with nature in a secure, relaxing courtyard.
- Developing friendships.
- Ongoing involvement with the community.
- Relaxation and entertainment.
- Participation in fun campus activities.
- Spa tubs.
- Indoor and outdoor gardening