Planning for the future is all about YOU! Friendship Haven has partnered with Doug Lockin to provide a personalized and professional service — free of charge — to you or a loved one. The goal is to help you create a thoughtful estate plan (or review an existing estate plan) that transfers assets to loved ones in a way that is tailored to fit their individual personalities and needs and identifies capital that may be used to support the nonprofit community.
Important General Questions
- What organizations are your favorites? (Those to which you would consider making some type of special gift. YOU get to define “special” gift.)
- Regarding any “special gifts” you might make, do you favor lifetime giving, estate giving or a combination of both?
- To what extent might you want to involve children (or other family/heirs in your philanthropy?
- If today was the day upon which your estate was being distributed, what percentage (or amount) would you direct to charitable causes, and what percentage to children/other heirs?
Typical Gift Planning Examples
- Appreciated property
- Unproductive assets
- Bargain sale
- IRA “rollover”
- Endow Iowa funds
- Donor advised funds
- Life income gifts
- Bridge gifts… flexibility and low cost
- Will bequests
- Life insurance beneficiary provisions
- Qualified plan (IRA, 401k, etc.) beneficiary provisions
- Life Income Gifts