Thank you for considering a gift to Friendship Haven. There are several options for your generosity. Flexibility in donor giving empowers individuals to align their charitable giving with their personal values and passions, enabling them to make a more meaningful and heartfelt impact. When considering a gift to Friendship Haven, we offer several options for your generosity.
Friendship Haven is excited to announce two “reimagined” donor opportunities:
1. Campus Beautification Fund: The Campus Beautification Fund is dedicated to beautifying our campus and helps ensure our surroundings remain inviting and provide a tranquil setting. Ongoing support is needed for the maintenance of our beautiful outdoor spaces and the entire campus.
2. Gratitude Fund: For those who are grateful for the care they or their loved ones have received, the Gratitude Fund offers a special way to express thanks. A gift can be given to Friendship Haven to provide meaningful recognition, treats, meals, or t-shirts for example, to staff in a particular neighborhood or department.
In addition to these “new” opportunities, donors also have the following options for their gifts:
1. Mission and Vision Fund: Our mission of providing innovative and responsive services for aging adults is sustained by the Mission and Vision Fund. Donations to this unrestricted fund empower us to respond to ever-evolving needs and uphold our vision of residents and caregivers living full lives with faith, passion, and purpose now and in the future.
2. Good Samaritan Fund: Contributions to the Good Samaritan Fund offer immediate assistance to residents in need. For instance, our paid companions provide one-on-one time to residents, delivering compassionate care to combat isolation and loneliness. Proceeds from this fund are also used for purposes similar to the Care Trust Fund.
3. Care Trust Fund: Friendship Haven’s Care Trust Fund is an endowment fund. Donations to this fund remain untouched, while the earned investment income is used for charitable care, covering the monthly costs for residents who, through no fault of their own, have outlived their resources for housing and healthcare.
On average, Friendship Haven provides $2 million in charitable care each year. Both the Care Trust Fund and the Good Samaritan Fund provide genuine peace of mind to our residents and their families, and all recipients’ identities remain confidential.
Membership in the Star Society is open to any individual who has made provisions for Friendship Haven through a variety of estate planning tools such as bequests in a will or trust, charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, or gifts of life insurance. Charitable giving techniques in an estate plan can help achieve personal goals, reduce taxes, and advance a favorite cause in the long run. The generosity of these distinguished donors shows a commitment to the tradition of yesterday and the hope and vision of tomorrow.
Additionally, Friendship Haven has partnered with Doug Lockin to provide a personalized and professional service — free of charge — to you or a loved one. Doug will help you explore a thoughtful estate plan (or review an existing estate plan) that transfers assets to loved ones in a way that is tailored to fit their individual personalities and needs and identifies capital that may be used to support the nonprofit community. Please contact Jen Lane to schedule a time to meet with Doug.