Purpose of the Position
To provide housekeeping duties that meets the individual needs of residents and as directed by your immediate supervisor.
- Completes assigned housekeeping tasks including dusting, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, changing linens, picking up trash and keeping residents living areas pleasant and orderly.
- Develops effective relationships with residents and learns resident preferences and individualizes services for each resident, as needed.
- Ensure the cleanliness and attractive appearance of all areas of the Friendship Haven campus.
- Completes housekeeping services as assigned both in common spaces and in resident rooms, following established schedules and polices/procedures.
- Works effectively as part of the Campus Services team accepting responsibility of work related tasks, sharing the work load with other team members.
- Cross train, as directed, by the Campus Services Supervisor and be part of a versatile team.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor and other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Level of education to communicate effectively. Must be willing to complete cross training to complete versatile assigned work tasks.
- Experience: Working in aging related environments, public service, housekeeping or laundry environments preferred. Prior work experience is helpful, but not required to be hired into this job.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves during work hours.
- Should be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours, and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, families and visitors.
Full Time position approximately 75 hours per pay period. Approximate hours will be 7am-3:30pm. Every other weekend and holiday.
Part Time position approximately 40-48 hours per pay period. Could be 1st or 2nd shift. Every other weekend and holiday.